As you have learned from the news published in this newsletter, our friend and colleague Karen Talluto will be resigning from her position as Director of Admissions for New Amsterdam School. Karen has been an integral part of the success and growth of the school and we are truly thankful for her many years of hard work and dedication and for her kind and generous spirit. It is with a heavy heart that we see her go, but we are excited and encouraged by Karen's continued support of our school and by her next steps into a deeper exploration of the Waldorf pedagogy.
Please know that for the remainder of the year, the hiring committee will work hard to find a candidate who can step into the role of Admissions Director bringing a high level of knowledge, warmth, and enthusiasm to the job. We aim to find a person committed to working out of anthroposophy and excited about working integrally with our community.
In the meantime, members of the hiring committee will fulfill all admissions-related responsibilities that require attention. Please feel free to reach out to anyone listed below for any questions or concerns you may have regarding admissions, tuition assistance, forms, medical forms, contracts, tuition and payment schedules.
- Karen Talluto and Joe Robertson will continue to oversee Tuition Assistance.
- Lisa Bono will for the interim preside over Parent Child Admissions.
- Kaarin Von Herrlich will serve as interim Admissions Parent Volunteer for Bridge, Nursery, Kindergarten and 1st Grade and will host upcoming open houses with the support of the grades committee and faculty.
- Howard Dulaney will manage all forms, contracts and schedules and provide any necessary administration. He will also address any questions current families may have pertaining thereto.
- Meaghan Witri and Samantha Barnard will provide logistical and advisory support for the above volunteers.
We will work as a team to continue the work Karen previously spearheaded in marketing, communications, and all admissions related events.
We would like to thank you for your patience and support. We want to assure you that we will continue to grow and fortify our school with mindful, effective and intelligent next steps as a group, working with our hands and hearts and minds out of the impulses of anthroposophy and a deep reverence for our community and our school.