Friday, May 24, 2013

Letter from Lisa Bono

Dear Parents,

On behalf of the faculty and staff, it is with deep joy and gratitude that I thank you and the community for a wonderful and memorable Spring Fair.

A few months ago the theme of sheep, fibers and spinning came alive from the fair committee, just at the same time the faculty chose Spindle, Shuttle, Needle for the puppet show. How perfect they worked together. I feel this is a small picture of what I often experience as a teacher among our teacher and parent community - harmony.

I know of course these events are a lot of work and can bring about some difficult moments, but when the day came it appeared effortless. I was amazed by the simplicity and beauty of the auction, garden activities and the food. It's was so nourishing and my senses grateful, to take in the beautiful handmade auction items. I felt in the room your hearts, creativity, the children and your love in working with your hands. The food was abundant, delicious, and I could taste the thoughtfulness and care in each bite!  The flow of the garden time brought such ease to an afternoon gathering of so many of us...

Most of all what I'd like to convey the amazement I experience by how our community is living through and through in striving with love the gift to humanity we call " Waldorf education" .
Creating a living, breathing strong organization that brings joy to us all.

Thank you thank you!

With Love,
Lisa